Monday, September 3, 2012

School is Rolling

I did not post this on Sunday because technically it is still the weekend.  That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!  I hope those who had the holiday off enjoyed their three day weekend. I completed my goal of mileage this week with the info below.  The first week of school has come and gone but it has not reached the highest point of busyness just yet.  This week I start working in the Write Site which will cut 9 more hours out of my week.  I'm much better with a routine though and having a routine compiled of class, work, meetings, working out, and homework keeps me on track.  I hope to not procrastinate much this semester because then I get stressed, and who likes being stressed? Not me.  


Total Miles: 20.6
Word Count Goal: 1,236
Mileage Goal for Next Week:    20.6 or + 


My future is looking brighter and brighter with every passing day.  I have my family, friends, and God to thank for it.  I met with my advisor and switched my major to dual English and Mass Communications along with a Certificate in Publishing.  After this semester I have 10 more classes to graduate and I feel much better adding on the Mass Communications major.  I decided it was best to take advantage of the classes offered while I am still in school; especially since I declared my major two years into school.  So far I am loving my 3 Mass Communication classes and 3 English classes.  Although Summer is rapidly coming to an end I am accepting Fall with open arms.      

Things I am looking forward to this semester: 

*Family Visit: My mom, dad, and Angel visiting me the third weekend of September.  They are bringing my cats who are staying with us for 6 months.  It is going to be great to have my sisters around us again (they are 14) and to fight over which one sleeps on our bed. 


*Faith: I've recently opened my heart up to God and I look forward to learning as much as possible and devoting myself to Him.  Every day I learn something new and I have met so many new and wonderful friends who are helping me.  I am reminded constantly of  how blessed I am. 

*The Fall:  Pumpkin pie and pumpkin spiced lattes to warm me inside and out.


I love when the leaves change and the air gets crisp. 
  
The decorations for Thanksgiving and Halloween are the cutest. 




*Seattle: Trip to Seattle, WA during Fall breather.  I'm going to visit a place I've never visited before.  Exploring the town and getting coffee at as many coffee shops as possible is my plan.  

*Thanksgiving Dinner: Does this need any more explanation?  I've already bought spaghetti squash to make this week because I'm craving Thanksgiving food.  My parents will not be in Wisconsin this Thanksgiving so I do not know who I will be eating with.  Although I won't be with all of my family I have so much to be thankful for in my life.

Nicole and I during Fall Breather 2010
*Running outside: Nothing is better than taking in the scenery of the colorful leaves and decorations during a run.







After this week of running I am increasing my endurance and am looking forward to increasing my mileage.  Along with running more miles I am also going to work on my pace. This last week I ran at a pace of 9:50 and this week I am running at a pace of 9:40. Now that I am running again I have to make sure that I do not stay at a comfortable pace.  I need to push myself during times when I do not think I can keep going.  Breaking down running barriers is something I stride towards. 

Not only is running an important part of my life but I make sure to put the right fuel into my body so I can perform at my best.  Fruits and vegetables make up a large part of my diet as well as whole grains and protein from egg whites.  I am trying to cut down on my meat consumption even though I don't eat white meat a lot and I rarely eat red meat.  Through out the day I eat around 6 small meals instead of 3 large meals and I make sure to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. 

 I don't believe in diets because once a diet is over people tend to crash and over consume the foods that were previously cut out of their lives.  Another important aspect of eating  right is eating in moderation.  Of course I crave chocolate, ice cream, and cookies because I am human!  The best feeling is when I eat healthy and after a couple of weeks I no longer crave sugar as much.  Instead of candy bars or cookies I would rather have fresh fruit or oatmeal with a tablespoon of peanut butter.

The runs below are from a mixture of running on the treadmill and running outside.  Friday and Saturday took some self convincing to go for a run because of the two long shifts at work.  Afterward I always question myself why I would not want to run because I feel energized and refreshed every time.                       










Words of Wisdom:
Don't ever stop pushing yourself because you're afraid you will become tired.  Always push yourself because you want to become tired; sprinting and gasping for breath.  Pushing yourself leads to better workouts in which you improve and exceed your own expectations.  



I hope every one's September is getting off to a great start.  Whether you are starting a new semester or you're working I hope you are looking forward to the Fall just as much as I am.  If you're stressing out already (I hope not) I suggest some exercising or taking time out of the day to do something for yourself.        

Stay Joyful, 

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment