Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Thank you for supporting I Run for Water

Hello friends, 
      I have exciting news about the I Run for Water fundraiser I have only been a part of for 23 days.  Tagged onto my Christmas wish list this year other than toothbrush heads and socks was a 25 dollar donation to Charity Water.  Well, I received SO much more than what I hoped for. My mom works at Graebel Van Lines in Wausau, Wisconsin and I have also worked there for two summers in the past. To raise money for charity or for a person in need Graebel will offer "dress down days" in which if you donate a dollar for the day you are able to dress down rather than wear the regular office apparel. So my mom had a fantastic idea to ask the lovely folks at Graebel if they could provide a dress down week at the beginning of January in which the money would go to those in need of clean water. 
      My mom spread the news about my fundraiser and after getting the go ahead I made up a poster and e-mail to send to everyone. On January 7th through January 10th Graebel employees generously donated a dollar a day (some donated more) to help fund providing clean water to those in Ethiopia. My mom told me the total amount on Friday and it took all I had to hold back the tears. I am so thankful, grateful, and excited for all the support I have received from everyone at Graebel. The total amount donated is $476.02! I am truly blown away by this amount. This means I am increasing my previous goal of $500 dollars to $1,000. Thank you again to those who donated, my mom for setting this whole thing up, and Graebel for allowing the dress down week. Without all of you I would not be able to set my goal even higher and raise more money for clean water. 


     2013 is promising for change, opportunity, and more blessings in my life. I have ran a total of 46 miles so far and raised a total of $631.52. The spring semester began on the 14th and I am looking forward to new classes, more running, and new experiences. To stay updated on my runs and donation goals here is the link to my Charity Water page: http://mycharitywater.org/jessjoyjasp  and here is the link to the donation page for I Run for Water: http://mycharitywater.org/i-run-for-water . I will also try and write a new blog once a week which will compile my runs, thoughts, and experiences from the week. 
    I cannot say thank you enough to those of you who donated. I also want to say thank you to the readers of my blog. Please continue to spread the word about Charity Water and remember any amount helps.

Stay joyful,
Jess      

No comments:

Post a Comment