Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I Run for Water

Hello Friends,

Happy New Year! I hope you all had an amazing time celebrating the holidays with friends and family. As 2013 begins with full force I would like to tell you all about my fundraiser that began today, January 1st.  As I said in my last blog post, "I've been taking water for granted," my plan is to intertwine my passion for running with my passion for providing clean water to everyone.  So here it goes!

Through Charity Water I began a fundraiser titled "I Run for Water." This fundraiser consists of recording the daily mileage I run on my fundraising website, http://mycharitywater.org/i-run-for-water, and my goal is for at least one person to match the mileage I ran with a dollar donation per mile. For example, if I run 3 miles one day I would hope for a person to donate 3 dollars or any amount that person can. My goal is to raise a minimum of $500.00 in two months. This means I will be running as much as possible in two months in order to raise as much money as possible.

I am very excited for this fundraiser and I hope you are all too. It is so easy for all of my friends to help because of the donation page. This donation page will also make it easy for me to update my mileage, pictures, news, etc. to everyone who is interested. Here is exactly where the money is going:

100% of donations from this campaign will fund water projects in Ethiopia.


Your money will help the Tigray region of Ethiopia. Many here are farmers living on less than $1/day.




60% of the people here don’t have access to clean water, and must walk hours to the nearest water source.
You’re helping fund drilled and hand-dug wells for communities in the rural countryside of Ethiopia.

So please, please click on my website link daily to see updates and how many miles I ran for clean water. Any amount of money helps and would be greatly appreciated. I will be posting fundraiser updates http://mycharitywater.org/i-run-for-water as well as this blog. 

Stay Joyful,
Jess




No comments:

Post a Comment